FLYING THROUGH CLOUDS – Blog tour – Day 2
Written by Michelle Morgan
Flying through Clouds is my new historical novel for young adults, and it’s hot off the press. Writing Flying through Clouds has been a labour of love - it took me almost four years to write and whip into shape, with the help of some talented editors along the way. I chose to self-publish this time, and I haven’t regretted it. Getting a novel to publication is only the first part of the difficult road to publication. Marketing and publicity are critical if potential readers are going to find out about your book. I’d like to share some of my key strategies with you.
5 Marketing Strategies for Self-Publishing Authors:
1. Create a Media Release (also known as an AIS or Advance Information Sheet) and email it to selected bookshops and suppliers, media contacts and bloggers.
2. After your manuscript has been copy-edited, arrange for 50+ copies of your book (uncorrected proof copies) to be printed, then send to interested bookshops and suppliers, media contacts, reviewers bloggers and a few authors. Seek quotes for inclusion on the cover and/or inside the book.
3. Organise a book launch and then a book tour of selected libraries and bookshops, giving talks in places which have some relevance to your book. Promote through social media.
4. Develop publicity materials such as posters and bookmarks and get them professionally printed.
5. Arrange a blog tour and promote through social media.
For any marketing campaign to be successful, you need to have a well-written and intriguing book, and a great cover. Professional editors and cover / layout artists are a must if you want to produce a quality book.
I hope you enjoy Flying through Clouds!
PUBLISHED: 2 April 2017
RRP: $18.99 Pbk
Flying through Clouds is available from bookshops, educational and library suppliers, and can be ordered on Michelle’s website.
Find out more about Michelle and her books on her website: www.michellejmorgan.com.au
Check out Clancy Tucker’s blog tomorrow at https://clancytucker.blogspot.com.au/ for Day 3 of the Flying through Clouds Blog tour.